Niantic, the technology company behind Pokemon Go, is partnering with UK-based digital technology authority Digital Catapult to develop a ‘real-world metaverse’.
The Niantic Lightship Augmented Reality Accelerator will provide UK entrepreneurs the opportunity to engage with Cartoon Network and globally renowned choreographer Wayne McGregor to create immersive experiences.
The program will look at how augmented reality technology might shape the real-world metaverse, transforming it into the next platform for social interactions, improving human experiences, and bringing people closer together. Moreover, Niantic just released the Lightship Augmented Developer Kit, which seeks to make creating AR experiences easier for developers.
Three startups are set to be awarded up to £100,000 each to develop a demonstrator of a socially engaging AR experience using the platform
Be amongst the first to know about Metaverse News, Properties, Lands, Projects, Worlds, Coins and Tokens on https://metanews.com/
- PIXELYNX + NIANTIC: TEASER
- Niantic Engineering: Building Planet-Scale Augmented Reality
- S2E13 SuperWorld : Building the Metaverse with NFT Virtual real estate
- Niantic Lightship Platform | Global Launch
- How to Buy Land in Metaverse SuperWorld App Real Estate NFT Augmented Reality App Virtual Reality VR